Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thoughts...

I don't really have any intentions of what this note will be about, but I can't stop a billion thoughts running through my head at the moment, and feel like I should write them down to kind of organize them in my head...

Now, contrary to how it usually is, this mental chaos isn't necessarily bad... Usually when I have to "organize my thoughts" it's because I'm thinking about stuff and I'm really upset by them...

But that's not really what it's like right now. I'm actually in a pretty awesome mood, and just feel like writing. Haha. :)

UM. But what to write about?

I'm kind of in a "deep-thinking" mood...

Maybe it's the nice weather, or maybe it's just because I've had a pretty awesome week... But as I sit here at the computer I can't help but praise God for my life. And I'm sitting her looking back on my past, and how things used to be... And I feel like I should share my thoughts.

People think that just because I'm such a positive person, that my life is super positive as well... And they're wrong... I know some people have been through a whole lot more than I have, but that gives no means to belittle the few bad things I've been hit with...

I just want everyone to know that I'm a positive person because I CHOOSE to be a positive person... As some of you may have heard me say before; Being happy isn't a product of circumstance, it's a CHOICE that you make. It's a product of YOUR attitude and YOUR outlook.

In no way am I trying to discredit the things you've all been through... In fact, I'm telling you that it's totally fine for you to have crappy days... You don't have to be happy EVERY day. I have days where I feel like crap, just like anyone else.

This isn't about being happy... It's about being joyful. And being grateful for the life you have.

Happy is a temporary emotion that people seem to misinterpret. But joyful is about being glad that you're alive, even when your not happy. It IS possible to be sad and joyful at the same time. Trust me.

I feel like I'm rambling here, and I'm kinda hungry... So I'm gonna end it on this:

Every life has a purpose. Each and every one of you were created to do wonderful things. Don't let your self-pity get in the way of your potential. CHOOSE to be joyful, and don't let the bad days outweigh the good.

Do whatever you can to find the silver-lining, and work on training yourself to focus on that. Because once you change your perspective, I promise you, you can learn to be content.

And once you're content with what you have... You will be blessed with more.

Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'"
Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment